Monday, December 9, 2013

Ceremony of Twelve

I just got back from the ceremony!  I am now an Eleven.  This morning I was wishing that I was becoming a Twelve, now not so much.  Today the Chief Elder went right from eighteen to twenty.  I knew it was wrong and so did everyone else.  I tried to see who she had skipped.  I felt horrible for nineteen.  Then I started to worry, what if I made the same mistake.  I could see everyone else around me whispering and shifting uncomfortably.  Then she told us he was our next Giver.  I was relieved.  Then I remembered about the story our Father had told us, about the last person selected.  Everyone's acted funny around Jonas, who they selected.  I tried not be near him as I rode back with my family.  And now I could stay an Eleven forever. But I can't.  Maybe I should suggest it to the Elders.  I hope I'm not the next Giver.

No comments:

Post a Comment